If you are paying high premiums on your car insurance then it may be time to evaluate your coverage levels. The following list will aid you in lowering your insurance payments by addressing all of the savings that you may be entitled to. If you are shopping online for insurance quotes this list may come in handy when deciding which insurance policy to purchase.
· Multiple Car Discount: If you have more than one vehicle, inquire with your insurance carrier whether they offer a multiple car discount. In most cases insuring two cars can be the same price as insuring one. If you have more than once car ask your agent whether they offer this discount. Also if you are browsing for insurance quotes online make sure to find out whether you can receive the multiple car discount before making any purchase decisions. Sometimes it is also wise to keep a second vehicle on just liability insurance because it will still lower your rates. Folks are often surprised after they call their agent to take off one car off their policy only to find out that their rates are not cheaper but may even go up.
· Anti-Theft Devices: Many new cars come with anti-theft devices and alarms. Older models may not have this and it is costly to install. It is recommended to have an anti-theft device on your vehicle because it can affect your discount on car insurance and lower your premiums.
· Comprehensive Storage Coverage: If you planning to store your car for a time, you can save money on insurance by selecting the comprehensive storage coverage that will cover you vehicle during the storage time. By storing the car in safe place it will not require collision coverage or liability coverage which means that your insurance rates will be low.
· Yearly Policies: For some it is difficult to pay for insurance in full for a year. By choosing a yearly policy instead of a six month or a monthly one will give you a lower rate. It will also lock the rate for a year instead of six months so your insurance costs will not go up.
· Group Discount: Many insurance companies offer discounts on their policies if you are affiliated with an organization or a club. These can range from having certain credit cards, being a part of a credit union, or even a college sorority. Contact an agent to ask them if they have a list of organizations that they are affiliated with.
· Comprehensive, Liability, Collision, and Medical Coverage: Lowering any of your basic coverage options may also lower your insurance payments. You can look into lowering the collision and comprehensive coverage by increasing the deductible payments on your insurance. You can also lower your medical and liability if you are having difficulties making insurance payments. Lowering the liability and medical coverage is not recommended and should be a last resort.
Tafseel Link : http://www.pkcelebs.com/637/
· Defensive Driving Class: Many insurance carriers will give you a discount if you attend and complete a defensive driving course. You can check you state’s DMV website for information on where you can take a class. Also make sure to contact the insurance company you are receiving a quote from to determine whether you would qualify for the defensive driving course discount.
· Check Your Daily Mileage: When the insurance agents asks you how many miles you drive a day, be prepared to give an accurate reading. This is an important question that will designate you into a particular tier. Each tier has a difference in price so it is beneficial to be accurate in your estimate of your daily mileage to avoid over-paying for car insurance.
· Combine Car and Home Policies: Insurance companies will give you a discount if you purchase insurance for your home and vehicle with the same company. These discounts can be as high as 25%.
· Credit Rating: If you keep your credit clean, your insurance premiums will tend to be much lower. Recently many insurance carriers have been checking credit ratings of new customers. If your credit rating is not as good you may want to look for a carrier that does not do credit checks.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6965845